Sunday, November 23, 2008

Philadelphia

by Flat Stanley (as told to Matt)

Since Matt was going to Philadelphia, he noticed that I could fit in his backpack, so he put me into his backpack.


Independence Hall
http://www.nps.gov/inde/independence-hall-1.htm
I am about to take a tour of Independence Hall! I can’t wait! I want to stand where they shot Natio
nal Treasure. Since I know Independence Hall is old, I didn’t want to get in trouble by touching anything. I thought the tour was cool and interesting!


Liberty Bell
http://www.nps.gov/inde/liberty-bell-center.htm
I am at the Liberty bell (with Matt!). I wanted to ring the bell, but I noticed
that there was a crack in it and I didn’t want to crack it even more.









Assembly Room

I am inside the room where the Declaration of Independence was adopted (on July 4, 1776). The Declaration of Independence is a letter to the king telling him why Americans didn’t want to be a part of the British Empire anymore. Thomas Jefferson wrote it. It was signed August 2, 1776.

No comments: